You’ll never run out of fun and interesting things to do and enjoy while staying here:
- A short drive to Hot Springs opens the door for adventure on the French Broad River: fishing, rafting, kayaking, canoeing, and tubing.
- Hot Springs Spa – Soak in naturally hot mineral water along Spring Creek and the French Broad River, or relax with a soothing massage!
- Hot Springs is home to several annual festivals and interesting events including the French Broad River Festival, Wild Goose Festival, and the Skirmish at Warm Springs Encampment (a Civil War re-enactment).
- Nearby Max Patch, a bald mountain, with incredible 360-degree long-range views at the top and access to the Appalachian Trail is a popular location for hiking, picnicking, watching the sunset, star gazing, etc.
- Fowler Farms Sporting Clays – Clay shooting in the mountains; shotgun rentals, and ammunition available on site.
- Addison Farms Wine Vineyards is located between Mountain Valley Cabins and Asheville. A family owned and operated vineyard and winery, offering tastings, tours, and sales.
- Travel to Asheville is a scenic drive of 45 minutes to an hour. However, there is so much to do there… shopping, dining, entertainment, and many attractions.
- Biltmore Estate is a grand place to tour any time of the year; the Christmas season is spectacular! Plan to spend a full day roaming through this 250-room “castle” situated on more than 8000 acres.
- The Blue Ridge Parkway offers a picturesque self-guided driving tour through several states with entry and exit points in Asheville, Waynesville and Maggie Valley; great to view the leaves changing in October!
- About an hour south of Mountain Valley Cabins is the Cherokee Indian Reservation & Casino. Experience Native American lifestyle on the reservation; check out the museum and shops or try your luck in the casino!
For a delicious meal prepared by a private chef and delivered to your cabin:
- Local private chef and caterer Mauricio Abreu (Chef Mo) will create a superb meal to delight your senses. Contact Chef Mo at firstname.lastname@example.org for a special romantic dinner.
Local Restaurants and Unique shops nearby:
- ArtiSun Gallery and Cafe – Authentic works by local artisans and craftspeople along with coffee, espresso, tea, wine and hand crafted locally churned ice cream.
- Dave’s 209 – Offering burgers and fries, milk shakes, soups, sandwiches, and dinner specials.
- Hillbilly Market – Seasonal fresh produce, canned/packaged items, meats, dairy, and made to order sandwiches.
- Iron Horse Station – Upscale restaurant and bar in an historic downtown building; a friendly and casual atmosphere.
- Mountain Magnolia Restaurant – Fine dining (reservations recommended) with everything made from scratch in their own kitchen using locally grown organic foods whenever possible.
- Sara Jo’s Station – Fuel pumps plus craft beer, pot pies, fresh eggs, assorted fresh and frozen foods and medicinal products PLUS desserts from Ginchy Goodies.
- Spring Creek Tavern – Lively pub overlooking Spring Creek in Hot Springs; salads, wraps, burgers, and pizza from their wood-fired oven—local craft beer on tap.
- Smoky Mountain Diner – Home cooking in Hot Springs; breakfast, lunch, and early dinner–something for everyone.
- Trailside Bakery & Café – Serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner favorites all day. Soft drinks, hot or cold tea and coffee, as well as beer and wine.
- Trust Cafe – Lunch and dinner menu featuring burgers, sandwiches, salads, dinner entrees and specials, brunch only on Sunday, farm fresh seasonal produce.
- Vaste Riviere Provisions – Food shop/café offering offering fine wines, NC craft beers, dinners to go, locally roasted coffee, dried meats, fine cheeses, and other gourmet groceries.
- Big Pillow Brewing and The Grey Eagle Taqueria ** anticipated opening late summer!
Planning to get married, renew your vows, or an anniversary celebration:
- Check with our friends at Mountain Fiesta. They have a hillside venue with an old barn and a gazebo surrounded by the natural beauty of Spring Creek in Madison County NC.